OCTAL’s DPET™ was conceived on the idea that the sustained growth of clear rigid packaging requires a strategic investment in capacity, proprietary technology and innovation.
OCTAL invented the direct-to-sheet technology to deliver a PET sheet with an unmatched sustainability profile and mechanical and optical performance.
This benefits are realized through:
1. Tight gauge control, which enables down gauging and SKU reduction;
2. Elimination of five processing steps that reduces energy consumption, leading to a step change in lowering carbon footprint and enabling source reduction.
3. Reducing polymer degradation, leading to enhanced clarity and gloss.
4. Better more consistent runnability that enables faster processing on thermoforms and FFS lines.
5. Calendaring directly from the resin reactor ensures complete and reliable traceability for food safety certifications.
OCTAL’s DPET™ has transformed both the economic and supply dynamic for PET sheet, making DPET™ highly competitive with polypropylene and polystyrene, which has led to wholesale conversion of entire packaging segments.